- To engage with AAPI-serving organizations nation-wide in order to share best practices, learnings, and strategies through peer-to-peer exchange
- To align with organizations committed to economic and social justice in order to collectively protect and defend the rights of low-income communities of color
- To connect with funders, thought leaders, and champions in the broader field of issue areas that affect our communities
- Grant funding (including information about external grant and funding opportunities)* and technical assistance
- ACTION TA program, which provides organizations that are newly developing programs and services with mentorship and coaching from other experienced organizations in our network
- Federal advocacy (access to federal officials and agencies)
- Travel stipends for programs to attend regional and national convenings (see attached materials for information about our programs)*
- Skills-based webinar trainings
Community in the Capital is designed to support the growth of staff within our member network to engage in policy and advocacy activities.
and a discount for additional registrations. Our annual convention is the largest gathering of community-based practitioners, policymakers, legislative representatives, corporations and foundations working on AAPI community and economic development issues nationwide.
- Regular policy updates through our monthly Policy Matters e-blasts
- Opportunities to participate in our policy working groups and events
- Inform our policy and campaign strategy and direction through member engagement calls and convenings
- Provide input and feedback on National CAPACD comment letters and public statements
- Promotion of member organization issues and accomplishments in our external communications, including our website, social media, and our monthly newsletter’s Member Bulletin, which allows members to share major achievements, job opportunities, and upcoming events
- Promotion and dissemination of published research, which engages our members and features their work