AAPI Community Resilience Fund Awards 21 Organizations in Round 1, Round 2 Opened August
National CAPACD is pleased to announce that 21 organizations have been selected to receive funding from Round 1 of the AAPI Community Resilience Fund. The Fund provides general operating support to organizations around the country that have been responding to the social and economic needs of low-income AAPI communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. All of the 21 selected organizations have been doing tremendous work to provide immediate relief to their communities and neighborhoods, playing a significant role to ensure that their clients are not displaced by the economic fallout of the pandemic. Please join us in congratulating the following organizations:
• Arkansas Coalition of Marshallese
• Asian American Resource Workshop
• Asian Economic Development Association
• Asian Law Alliance
• Asian Pacific American Network of Oregon
• CAAAV Organizing Asian Communities
• Coalition for a Better Chinese American Community
• Filipino Advocates for Justice
• Hawaiian Community Assets
• Khmer Girls in Action
• Korean Resource Center
• Lao Assistance Center of Minnesota
• Mekong NYC
• Pacific Islander Community Association of WA
• Sapna NYC
• Thai Community Development Center
• Utah Pacific Islander Civic Engagement Coalition
We received an overwhelming response to the AAPI Community Resilience Fund request for proposals. All applications detailed the hard work that organizations are doing with too little resources. The need has significantly outpaced the available resources nationwide, and there must be a deeper investment in the trusted, culturally competent organizations that are reaching the most vulnerable AAPIs during this pandemic.
National CAPACD appreciates the supporters of this fund: JPMorgan Chase Foundation, Wells Fargo Foundation, Citi Community Development, and the Kresge Foundation.
Round 2 opened on Monday, August 3, 2020 and closes Friday August 14, 2020. More information about Round 2 can be found here. All questions about the AAPI Community Resilience Fund can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.