National CAPACD invites you to join us in person from July 11-13th in Seattle, WA!
COVID-19 Safety Requirements
We look forward to coming together and reconnecting in person this year in Seattle. At the 2022 Building CAPACD Convention, our top priority is the health and well-being of all of our participants. To that end:
- Each session and plenary will adhere to social distancing practices and significantly reduced room capacities.
- We will be limiting registration to 300 participants.
- We will require masking while indoors unless actively eating or drinking.*
- We will host more outdoor sessions, and will have sessions onsite during those times to ensure inclusion of participants with mobility or accessibility concerns.
- We require each participant to be fully vaccinated and boosted or take a PCR test within 72 hours of attending your first day of Convention. You will be asked to produce your vaccination card or QR code, or proof of negative test, when you check in.
- We will have masks and COVID-19 rapid test kits available at the registration desk if you require either.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 during the Convention or shortly after, we ask you to report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can let all Convention participants know (while protecting the anonymity of the reporting participant).
Even after accounting for these measures, we acknowledge that we continue to navigate unprecedented circumstances and unknown variables. The safety of our Convention participants and our staff is our top priority. We will adjust our protocols and requirements according to any external changes, and communicate timely updates.
*Please note that while National CAPACD requires Building CAPACD Convention participants to wear a mask indoors, we will be in spaces where there is no longer a mask mandate, including for other guests at the Westin Seattle.
Check out our program below. For a full screen layout of the program, click here.
The sessions are organized according to "tracks":
- Envisioning An Equitable Economy
- Preventing Displacement and Stewarding Land
- Stabilizing Small Business Districts
- Re-imagining A More Sustainable Movement
You can filter by track in the full screen layout here.
The Westin Seattle
1900 5th Avenue
Seattle, Washington 98101
We are pleased to offer a discounted group rate of $219/night (not including taxes and fees) at the Westin Seattle.
To make reservations:
- To make reservations online, click here.
- To make reservations over the phone, you can contact the Westin at (800) 937-8461 or (206) 728-1000 to make your reservation.
The last day to book at this discounted rate is June 10, 2022.
If you have any questions about registration or booking your room, please contact Kimberly McDonald, Building CAPACD Convention Event Consultant, at email@example.com.
- How much is parking?
Self Parking Fee: $50.00
Valet Parking: $60.00
- When are Check-in and Check-Out Times?
Check-In Time: 4:00 pm
Check-Out Time: 11:00 am
- Does the hotel cater to guests with special needs?
For details on accessibility at the hotel, please visit this page.
- What is the closest subway station?
The Westlake Station is about a three-minute walk to the hotel. Visit the Link light rail website here.Directions from Westlake Station:
- Does the hotel offer a shuttle to/from the airport?
No, the hotel does not supply shuttle transportation to/from the airport. You can travel to the hotel using Link light rail. The Seattle Tacoma Airport Link station is on Line 1. The approximate fare from Seattle Tacoma Airport to Westlake Station is $3.00 for a regular fare. The cost of taking a taxi is approximately $40.00. There are also other transportation programs such as Lyft or Uber.
Our Sponsors (in formation)